Meet Dr. R. Patrick Francis
Dr. R. Patrick Francis is a Certified Audiologist. His training began at West Virginia University where he earned both his Bachelors and Masters Degrees. His first position was with the West Virginia public school system as an educational audiologist. He soon gravitated toward the medical aspects of audiology and spent the next 20 years working with physicians and hospitals. In 1988 he moved to Pittsburgh and worked as the Director of Audiology for a prominent Ear Nose and Throat physician practice. He returned to school and earned his Doctorate degree in audiology in 2002 from Salus University. In 2006, Dr. Francis opened his own practice focusing on rehabilitative audiology. He emphasizes patient education at his practice including family members, significant others or anyone the patient wishes to include in their pursuit of better hearing. He believes that patient education is the key to successful outcomes and it allows the patient to make educated decisions about their own hearing healthcare. Dr. Francis has enjoyed raising his three daughters along with his wife Karen in both Shaler and Cranberry Townships. Now that his daughters have grown, Dr. Francis devotes more time to serving his community as a past president of the Cranberry Township Sunrise Rotary, served 6 years on The Crossings Homeowners Association and on the board of Missions Outreach Group at Saint Ferdinand Parish. When time allows, Dr. Francis and his wife enjoy hiking, kayaking and traveling.
- Salus UniversityDoctorate in Clinical Audiology2000 - 2002
- West Virginia University, College of Human Resources and EducationMaster of Science, Audiology1984 - 1986
- West Virginia University, College of Human Resources and EducationBachelor of Science, Speech Pathology and Audiology1980 - 1984
- Full-time Audiology TraineeVeterans Administration Medical Center, Martinsburg, WV1985 - 1985
- Private PracticeFrancis Audiology Associates, LLC2006 - Present
- Director of AudiologyMetropolitan ENT Associates1988 - 2006
- AudiologistEENT Physicians & Surgeons of Charleston Inc.1987 - 1988
- Educational AudiologistRegional Educational Service Agency, Region IV, (RESA IV)1986 - 1988
- Part-time Audiology TechnicianMorgantown Ear, Nose & Throat Clinic, Inc.1986 - 1986
- Certificate of Clinical Competency in AudiologyAmerican Speech-Language-Hearing Association1984
- Licensed Audiologist in Pennsylvania1988
- FellowAmerican Academy of Audiology
- PresidentSunrise Rotary2013
- Community Choice Gold Awards for Audiologist and Hearing Aid Center2014
- Cranberry Cup “Spirit of the Cup Award”2013
- Board MemberThe Crossings Homeowner’s Board2012
- Rotarian of the Year2011
- Traineeship ScholarshipVeterans Administration Medical Center1985
- Student-Faculty Representative UndergraduateWest Virginia University1984
Thank you for subscribing!
You will receive important news and updates from our practice directly to your inbox.